European Emissions Trading System (EU ETS)
The European Emissions Trading System (EU ETS) is a cap-and-trade scheme for the purpose of reducing the greenhouse gas emissions of energy intensive industrial sectors. Ceramics installations producing more than 75 tonnes of output per day, or with a thermal input of over 20MW are eligible, however exclusion may be possible if annual CO2 emissions are below 25,000 tonnes.
BCC provides comprehensive representation of the interest of the whole ceramics industry in negotiations in both UK and European forums, and is an active member of the UK ETG, which informs UK Government on implementation of EU ETS in respect of industry. BCC provides a central point to co-ordinate all ceramic consultation responses, and is a constantly available point of contact for all questions on EU ETS.
This section contains BCC’s EU ETS issue series and a collection of recent important documents of interest.
For further information, please contact Andrew McDermott.
EU ETS Issue 108 - EU ETS Phase III Update (Members Only)
EU ETS Issue 107 - European Commission Finalises Assessment on National Implementation Measures, Cross-sectoral Correction Factor and Standard Capacity Utilisation (Members Only)
- EU ETS Issue 107 - European Commission Finalises Assessment on National Implementation Measures, Cross-sectoral Correction Factor and Standard Capacity Utilisation
- EU ETS Issue 107 - Attachment 1 - EC decision concerning nims
- EU ETS Issue 107 - Attachment 2 - EC decision on scuf
- EU ETS Issue 107 - Attachment 3 - NIMs FAQs
EU ETS Issue 106 - Carbon Leakage Update (Members Only)
EU ETS Issue 105 - UK Small Emitter Opt-out Scheme - Use of EU ETS Registry Accounts (Members Only)
EU ETS Issue 104 - Potential Structural Reforms to EU ETS Phase III (Members Only)
- EU ETS Issue 104 - Potential Structural Reforms to EU ETS Phase III
- EU ETS Issue 104 - Attachment - Energy Alliance EU ETS Press Statement 2012-11-06
- EU ETS Issue 104 - Attachment - Energy Alliance AEII position on the Commission proposal to back-load EU ETS allowances
- EU ETS Issue 104 - Attachment - Final BUSINESSEUROPE Statement Carbon Report
- EU ETS Issue 104 - Attachment - Impacts of backloading or permanently retiring EU ETS allowances
EU ETS Issue 103 - Update on Transition into Phase III (Members Only)
ETS Special Documents
Monitoring and Reporting Regulation (MRR) (Members Only)
Guidance Documents on the harmonised free allocation methodology for the EU ETS post 2012 (Members Only)
- GD1 - General guidance
- GD2 - Allocation methodologies
- GD3 - Data collection
- GD4 - Verification of NIMs baseline data reports and methodology reports
- GD5 - Carbon leakage
- GD6 - Cross boundary heat flows
- GD7 - New entrant / closure rules
- GD8 - Waste gases and process emissions sub-installation
- GD9 - Sector-specific guidance
- Economic Outlook and Trade
- Energy & Emissions
- Health & Safety and Chemicals Compliance
- Employment and Industrial Relations
- Land, property & minerals
- MPs and MEPs Newsletter
- Industry Reference Documents
- Innovation and Funding
BCC Member login
Become a BCC member
Click here for more information about the benefits of becoming a BCC member.
The latest updates of our weekly newsletters are now available (to members ...
Economic Outlook No 26 - 2013 Autumn Statement analysis - is availabl...
Missing from today’s announcement was any mention of relief for energ...