DATE: 01/04/2020 – Postponed TIME: 10.00am – 4.00pm LOCATION: Lucideon Limited, Queen’s Road, Penkhull, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 7LQ, United Kingdom
The 2020 Ceramic Innovation Network (CI N) event will bring together academics and industrialists from all subsectors of the ceramic industry seeking to explore the development and innovation opportunities of sintering and firing in the ceramics industry.
The annual CIN event brings together industrialists and academics from all subsectors of ceramic manufacturing to network and learn more about innovative ideas.
CIN consists of the British Ceramic Confederation (BCC) and Lucideon; and is supported by the University of Surrey, the Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN), the Frank Scott Russell Memorial Fund and is IOM3 CPD accredited.
The speakers are:
- Dr. Amanda Quadling, M&I Materials: The Old Triangle: Process – Microstructure – Properties
- Dr. David Pearmain, Lucideon: Next Generation Sintering
- Professor Jingzhe Pan, Leicester University: Digital Twin of Ceramic Processing
- Professor Richard Todd, Oxford University
- Dr. Russell Hall and Dr. Stuart Bradley, Warwick Manufacturing Group: Waste Heat Energy Recovery Potential.
- Frank Scott Russell Memorial Lecture: Jan Theron, Lucideon, From Toffee Bond to Ceramic Bond
- Robert Quarshie, Knowledge Transfer Network
The presentations will be followed by a tour of Lucideon’s facilities.
In addition, the Mellor Memorial Lecture will follow on from the CIN event. Further details on this will be available in due course via IOM3.