In March 2016, following the launch of the British Ceramics Confederation's EARTH campaign, a group of Members of Parliament with ceramic interests in their constituency decided to form an All Party Parliamentary Group.
The purpose of the group is to broaden the understanding of ceramic manufacturing in the UK among parliamentarians, to promote ceramic manufacturing as an asset within the UK economy and to provide a forum for parliamentary discussion on the issues impacting the industry.
The officers of the group are: Ruth Smeeth MP (Chair), James Cleverly MP (Vice-Chair), Gareth Snell (Treasurer) Baroness Llin Golding (Vice-Chair) and Jeremy Lefroy MP (Secretary).
The BCC acts as secretariat to the group, contact Tom Reynolds. In line with transparency rules, a list of active members of the APPG, statement of income and expenditure, reports for the group, dates of meetings and minutes are available from the secretariat.
- Inaugural APPG Meeting
- Ruth Smeeth Praises Industry in Debate
- Rob Flello PMQ on Ceramics and Brexit
- UK Ceramics Industry Needs More Than Platitudes From The Prime Minister
- This MP wants Parliament to buy British (and she's even examining Government crockery!)
- Don't just support 'made in Stoke-on-Trent' - demand it
- Pottery industry accuses Government of ignoring Brexit concerns
- Westminster Hall Debate on Ceramics Secured by Tristram Hunt MP
- Ceramics Raised in Energy Intensive Industries Debate
- Ceramics Raised in Debate on UK Steel Crisis
- APPG Vice-Chair Wendy Morton's PMQ mentioning BCC member Potclays
- Westminster Hall Debate Secured by Wendy Morton MP
- Ceramics Raised in the EU Referendum Debate
- Ceramics and the Fourth Industrial Revolution
- Raised in Industrial Strategy Debate
- Ceramics Mentioned in Lords
- Issues Raised with Prime Minister
- Vice Chair raises Gas Storage Issue
- Shadow Trade Secretary Raises Ceramic Concerns
- Series of PQs on Tiles AD Case
- Upcoming events
- Ceramic EARTH Campaign
- Economic Outlook and Trade
- Energy & Emissions
- Health & Safety
- Employment and Skills
- Land, Property & Minerals
- Industry Reference Documents
- Innovation and Funding
BCC Member login
Become a BCC member
Click here for more information about the benefits of becoming a BCC member.
The British Ceramic Confederation is the trade association which leads the ...
Dr Laura Cohen speech to Conservative Beyond Brexit Conference, 2nd Februar...