Many ceramics companies are strong exporters, earning valuable revenue for the UK economy. The British Ceramic Confederation works with our European Trade Association, Cerame-Unie, in highlighting and managing trade barriers. We also participate in the Department for International Trade's Policy Stakeholder Meetings.
Promoting free and fair trade is the 'T' element of our EARTH campaign.
-With 50% of the sector’s exports sold to the EU, we need to ensure an adequate and comprehensive tariff-free UK-EU trade settlement following Brexit.
- New UK free trade agreements must support UK ceramic manufacturers.
- We must develop and deploy adequate UK Trade Remedies to protect UK manufacturers against dumped products. To avoid unfair dumping, we need to reject unilateral EU and UK recognition of China as a Market Economy until it meets accepted criteria.
For further details contact Tom Reynolds.
- Ceramic EARTH Campaign
- Economic Outlook and Trade
- Energy & Emissions
- Health & Safety
- Employment and Skills
- Land, Property & Minerals
- Industry Reference Documents
- Innovation and Funding
BCC Member login
Become a BCC member
Click here for more information about the benefits of becoming a BCC member.
The latest updates of our newsletters are now available (to members only).&...
Industrial groups and trade unions have come together in a call for strong ...
As the UK leaves the European Union, it will need to develop its own indepe...